Getting Started on the Path to Actionable Strategies
QDI offers research, consulting and workshops to help clients meet their needs. All client engagements are set in motion with a conference call to discuss the challenges and opportunities you’re facing. Based on you needs, we will create a proposal for a research or consulting project, or one of QDI’s customized workshops.
We create a proposal outlining the following:
- What you are trying to accomplish -- the problem or opportunity you are addressing. Frequently this evolves as we work together to define the root issue
- Why you are looking for outside assistance and what you expect
For research and consulting assignments:
- A specific action plan that typically includes primary market research, meetings with members of your sales and marketing team to capture their insights, and as requested to engage them in the learning, data collection, market analysis and strategy development
- The deliverables you can expect
- A budget and timetable
For a workshop:
- A statement of workshop objectives and deliverables
- A workshop outline and likely exercises
- A budget for the workshop
- The actual deliverables and final workshop design will be developed after QDI conducts a workshop planning meeting with your workshop sponsor and team.
Jump Start Your Internal Initiatives – QDI’s Segment Strategy Workshops
Jump-start your business by exploring your growth opportunities or marketplace challenges through QDI’s Segment Strategy Workshops.
QDI’s has developed three different Segmentation Workshops to provide the level of planning support your teams need to develop actionable strategies.
- We can help your team maximize their understanding and use of Behavioral Segmentation to identify what they have to do to win the business with new customers or in new markets.
- We can support their efforts to make market entry decisions through the use of our 20/20 Segmentation tools, answering the questions, “should we play” and “how do we maximize our chances of success.”
- We can support your management team’s efforts to assure that the segment becomes an actionable strategy by linking the inputs from 20/20 Segmentation planning to the activities that assure market performance through our Insight Builder workshop.
Each workshop is tailored to your organizations needs through planning sessions and customized workshop preparation workbooks that are designed to bring your organization’s market knowledge in the workshops.
QDI’s 20/20 Path to Actionable Strategies
The cornerstone of QDI’s segmentation planning is “Behavioral Segmentation”. Behavioral Segmentation digs into customer and channel behavior to develop an understanding of what it takes to win the customer’s business. 20/20 Segmentation adds Structural and Sales Effectiveness Segmentation to Behavioral Segmentation to answer the bigger investment level decisions – should we play in this market and how do we maximize our chances of success. Insight Builder goes beyond the 20/20 Segmentation analysis to identify how to capture the value that you can create through 20/20 Segmentation. Insight Builder involves more senior management in the workshop who are responsible for assuring that the segmentation strategy is implemented. The workshop provides them the market understanding and insight necessary to commit resources to any new strategy.
Our consultants will work with you to customize and execute the right workshops for your product / market teams and apply their knowledge, using QDI’s Tools, to develop new insights about their market - insights that can jump start growth in your business.
- Spend two hours with us in a conference call to frame how we might work together
- Give us one day to plan the session with your product team – we need to know the types of information that they can bring to the session so that we can prepare the pre-workshop tools and exercises to fit your specific situation
- Plan to have the team spend a few hours organizing information for the session (doing their homework)
- Then, have the team spend a day with us applying the information they have gathered to the tools we provide and discussions we will lead.
- The output will be a profile of a potential market opportunity and next steps that your team needs to do to build the knowledge base for you to believe the insights developed in the workshop.